Monday, February 18, 2008

One Day Later

Time heals all wounds, or so they say. I feel much more relaxed than yesterday and have realized a few things. I was under the impression that the plans had changed at the last minute, but actually they had probably changed a while ago and no one had let me know, probably because they thought someone else already had. It was just a bit of miscommunication. I can't blame anyone for this because I could be equally at fault for not having confirmed what time people were coming over.

One thing still bugs me though. The person who let me know about the plan changes apologized in advance, so she knew that I'd already prepared stuff. And even after finding out that I'd taken off work and had been rushing to get things done, her attitude was a simple "oh sorry about that" whereas most people would have asked if the original plan would have been better or at least mentioned the situation to someone else. She seemed completely indifferent to how inconvenienced I was. I keep recalling yesterday in the store when I asked, "By the way when did the plans change?" Her back was turned to me as she walked away, and all she said was "Before." This answer and attitude totally irritate me.

I'm pretty sure she's the one who wanted to go to the batting cages, which makes sense why she pretended like nothing was wrong and hadn't mentioned to anyone how inconvenienced I'd been. The more I think about it, the more her actions seem deliberate.

So that's my verdict on the situation. I don't want to fill up any more blog space with negativity and won't be ranting on about this anymore... unless something else comes up and I need to vent!

No comments: