Monday, February 25, 2008

Haircut

I generally get my haircut every three months, and it was about that time again. I wanted to try something new instead of getting the same old thing, so I've been paying attention to everyone's hair and found a style I like:

Long bangs combed to the side, with short messy hair on top.

But how to describe what I want using words? That never goes well. When you're describing what you want, I suspect the hairdresser is already imagining what to cut and only half-listening. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I found this on-line and mailed it to my cell phone:

I like how it turned out! I have to grow my bangs a bit longer to get it how I want, but here's what it looks like now:
Since I was the last customer of the evening and the only one in the shop, the staff seemed a lot more relaxed and talkative than usual. The owner saw my boots and asked where I got them. He only wears boots to work because he can't stand it when hair gets in his shoes and pokes his feet all day. Then I looked around to see what kind of footwear everyone else had on, and one guy was wearing simple sneakers. The owner was like, "This guy always comes to work in low-cut shoes, and he usually doesn't even wear socks. Can you believe it?" Apparently the feeling of hair poking his feet doesn't bother him all that much, but it totally irritates his wife when he comes home and gets hair all over the place. Hmmm... behind the scenes stuff I've never thought about before.

1 comment:

Speck said...

Looks Good!

I never thought about the shoe thing before either. Hm.