Tuesday, February 19, 2008

28 Weeks Later

To follow with a similar title as the previous post, I've decided to review a movie I saw recently. The original film "28 Days Later" was great. After the Rage virus is released and we see a few scenes of people being attacked and torn apart, I love that the movie focussed on plot twists rather than becoming a simple horror flick with "the infected" ravaging the survivors.

The sequel 28 Weeks Later occurs after "the infected" have all died of starvation, and unfortunately is more Hollywood-esque. The first 30 minutes made me think a lot about how a country could be started from scratch, but after the virus infects the first victim the plotline becomes rather linear. Aside from the plotline, I did like how the scenes were well done and you can feel the characters' fear. If you're into horror flicks, it's worth seeing.

No comments: