Thursday, December 06, 2007

Careers

A couple days ago I did a lesson about jobs and personalities in an attempt to help my high school students think about what kinds of careers they'd like to pursue. It got me thinking back to when I had to make that decision for myself.

I remember back in high school having to take a lengthy personality test that was then matched with people who answered the same questions on the test, and who are happy with what they do. The results were over 20 pages long and I remember the conclusion suggesting that I might possibly enjoy a career in Nursing or Medical Research. I guess I sort of followed that path by going the pre-med route and looking for Biomedical Research Positions after graduation, but I'm glad none of that turned out. I love what I do now.

Personalities change over time and I was curious to see what kind of career would fit my current personality. I found a short test and gave it a try. The site suggested these

Possible Career Paths:

Clergy / Religious Work
Teachers
Medical Doctors / Dentists
Alternative Health Care Practitioners, i.e. Chiropractor, Reflexologist
Psychologists
Psychiatrists
Counselors and Social Workers
Musicians and Artists
Photographers
Child Care / Early Childhood Development

Looks like I'm currently doing work that fits my personality. It makes sense that I love what I do!

No comments: