Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thank you presents

I thought of something else I really like about Japan. Presents. Today Hiromi gave me a little yellow trash can with a happy face on it because I went to her concert last week. I love it when people give presents to say thank you.

Last week I got a package with all kinds of teas and at the beginning of summer a box full of cheeses and another one with three tins of cookies. They were from parents of students to say thanks for teaching their kids. People here are so lovely!

I still haven't figured out on what occasions it's appropriate to give presents to people; there are so many!

1 comment:

Speck said...

I actually have some candy sitting here waiting to be sent to you. Will probably wait till after I get back from Italy before I send anything...in case I see something cool there. Those presents sound awesome!