Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The hole has healed

At first the hole in her chest was so deep that I thought it went into her lungs or something. Ever see those videos of when they put cameras down people's stomachs to look for polyps and stuff? The walls of the stomach look kinda moist and pinkish? That's what it looked like in her chest hole. But then the hole got shallower and shallower until there wasn't a hole there at all, and was just a bald spot covered with a scab. Then the scab fell off and the fur is slowly growing back. It looks like this now:It doesn't hurt her when I touch it, and it's pretty cool because you can feel the heat emanating from her skin. She must be burning up in all that fur. No wonder she sleeps all the time. I would, too, if I had to wear a coat around in this summer heat.

Lately she likes sleeping belly-up, probably because it's so hot lately. I've been taking photos of her crazy sleeping positions... here it looks like she's stretching, but she was passed out.Not very lady-like at all.She especially likes sleeping with her head resting on a bump in the blanket or on some clothes, and one day I found her sleeping with her arms pushed into the folds of the blanket.Sometimes when I look out into the garden she's waiting there for me, and gets up when she notices me peeking out the window. Sometimes she's sitting there with a friend.

No comments: