Monday, July 21, 2008

Cute Snake

I just looked outside to see if the cat was by the window waiting to come in. I saw her tentatively creeping towards the corner of the garden so I went outside to see what she was curious about. It was a snake!

I pulled her back just in time. She had her nose forward, ready to sniff at it but the snake looked ready to strike. I carried her into the house and ran back outside with my camera but I couldn't find it in the dark. Too bad.

I don't think it was poisonous because mamushi are brown with triangular heads and this one was striped. It was pretty small, only about a foot long and as thin around as a finger. I wonder if there are other poisonous snakes in this area besides mamushi. I guess I should find out before digging in the leaves looking for it.

1 comment:

Speck said...

Dude. I totally spaced on your birthday! I am sooooo sorry!!! I hope you had a good time!

Uh, all the new shows are starting now. Are there any you want me to tape for you?

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!