Monday, May 08, 2006

9 months of memories

Rolls of film were piling up waiting to be developed and I finally got around to it. 168 photos on high quality photo paper cost about a hundred bucks. Yikes!

Looking through all these photos made me realize that I take pictures of friends, places, and events, but never of myself. I'm getting older . . . my face is changing . . . my hair goes through different phases . . . fashion evolves. What did I look like a few years ago? I know I looked younger, but how?

Then I started thinking about the collection of photos I do have. None from my childhood; none from high school. It's like I never existed until I became an adult.

But I didn't intend to suddenly get all sentimental. I started writing just now because I thought it'd be nice to spice up this blog with some of the photos I just got back. So . . . here are a couple from the Hot Spring Festival held back in March. There was a parade, lots of food stalls, singing, dancing, and all kinds of events throughout the city. Mostly it was just fun being part of a big crowd and running into friendly faces.

I was surprised to find one of my favorite students part of a group of guys hauling a portable shrine down the road. Yes, I know it's bad to have favorites, but what can I say, some are just more likeable than others.

No comments: